Tuesday 7 December 2010

Evaluation

For my project i had to produce a flash animation. The aim was to think of a story and base it upon that story. I made it in flash on the iphone setting. I started off by doing research into interactive comics and digital techniques. I found out many pieces of information which would help me with my project. I found out that making an interactive can be really simple yet really effective like a comic that i researched called 'Dead On Arrival'. This interactive comic was made from photographs and speech bubbles. It was a black and white comic but also had red as well. This made it different as it was not just the normal black and white. I also liked the fact you can chose options half way through.

After looking at several comics i decided to mainly pictures for mine and as little text possible as i found that reading whilst i was getting into the story was just distracting. I also wanted to make it as bright and colourful as possible as then it would stand out more and not have a strict rule on colour co-ordination. I started experimenting by making a few story boards and made notes on how i would do different parts to make it. I then went on to seeing how i would make a specific picture to into my animation in photoshop and see if i could make it. I developed my ideas on paper at first then started putting them into the computer as pictures to show what was happening in a certain scene. I had an idea of making every picture i used a different hue and saturation so that no image that i use would be the correct colour but then I tried it in photoshop and soon realised that i would not work as in some cases i couldn't work out what some objects were.

My final animation turned out about as good as i thought it would. It all went to plan and how i wanted it and at some stages i thought it might be a bit hard hard to make specific scene i made it well to the best of my ability. The one thing i would change is that i would add a new scene at the start so it makes the story a little bit more understanding. I enjoyed this project as in the past i have barely used flash but now i am confident to use it a bit more as i have learned the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment